What is PCS - ( For query & admission - 9815429085 )
PCS stands for Provincial
Civil Services. PCS exam is held for the recruitment of candidates for the
civil service posts of that particular state. These posts are under the control
of the State government and one cannot be transferred to another state once
recruited in PCS.
Tips to prepare for PCS
- Since these exams are the state exams one should be well
aware of the history and geography of the particular state.
- Since PCS is a civil service exam the candidates should be
ready for a high difficulty level and mentally prepared for putting in a good
amount of hard work.
- Though the exam is a state exam one must have basic
knowledge of the country, the latest happenings in the country too. For that
the candidates must start following one national newspaper in order to keep
themselves well acquainted of the happenings in and around the world.
- The candidates should pay special attention in enhancing
there general knowledge. They should be ready to learn new things every moment.
- For the interview the candidates should be well prepared
with the regional language, culture and custom. This adds to your credit.
- Since the exam is conducted by UPSC the pattern remains the
same, i.e. prelims first, then the mains and then the interview. But the small
states go for the mains directly.
- Also, the candidates should pick up last few years' question
papers and try and solve them. This will give them an idea of the pattern and
make them comfortable with it.
- It is a plus point to be guided by an experienced candidate
or a good teacher who can direct your efforts correctly.
- Candidates must keep appearing for the mock papers and should
keep a check on the time because with a good preparation it is very important
to attempt all questions in time.
- It is advisable for the students to appear for both the PCS
and UPSC exams simultaneously because the syllabus is almost same with a slight